Sunday, January 15, 2012

Rose Callahan's "The Dandy Portraits"

While researching my history book, I was fortunate enough to meet some fascinating present-day dandies of wide variety, each of whom pointed me towards yet more dandies, often in unlikely places. It turns out that at the same time, a photographer named Rose Callahan was meeting these very same people. Strangely enough, none of them mentioned either of us to the other. But Rose and I eventually did cross paths and since then we've worked together on articles for The Chap magazine and the book which will eventually come out of her project.

The Dandy Portraits is a website not to be missed - Rose's photographs are stunning and her subjects are fascinating both visually and personally. I'll be posting her photos often when discussing my meetings with any of these men. Be sure to check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment